Tuesday, July 13, 2010

a coincidence

A little while ago I was in the mood to watch some Kenneth Anger films...

After finishing Rabbit's Moon I put on Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome, and a few minutes into it I noticed something peculiar:


It's one thing for your house to share a fairly uncommon(?) object with a film you're watching, but quite another to have this object in such a position as to cast its shadow double right onto the film itself!

And yes, I realize that this could very well be one of those "you had to be there" moments that amuses only me. But what if I were to tell you that, before the film began, such a lamp never even existed in my basement!?

2 comments:

Hectocotylus said...

Wow. Samson De Brier just walked out of my bathroom!

Pierian Rose said...

It's pretty neat to have the same item as found in the movie your watching.. but to have it cast its shadow double right onto the film itself!That is simply amazing.

If you were to tell me that, before the film began, such a lamp never even existed in my basement. I would suggest you watch Goldfinger and ask you to please refrain from watching any films from the Harry Potter series - god forbid.