Thursday, October 01, 2009

Lee Kang-sheng on The Colbert Report?


Lee Kang-sheng at the 64th Venice Film Festival


It was supposed to be a picture of University of Toronto Professor Kang Lee, who looks nothing like Lee Kang-sheng:


I guess someone googled "Kang Lee" and mistakenly decided on the picture of Lee Kang-sheng, but it doesn't really make sense to me. I've googled different variations of the two names and it took a long time of specific "Lee Kang-sheng" searching to find the exact picture they used, not to mention that in many of the searches the pictures that come up are clearly unrelated to the Toronto Professor. I'm surprised they didn't use this:


(In hopes of causing further confusion in the future, I have gone ahead and named the above picture "Professor Kang Lee.")

Watch the full Colbert video HERE. (starts around 2:20)

4 comments:

Andrew said...

We noticed the same thing. Has the show replied to you yet?

Hectocotylus said...

No.

I suspect that if they do it will go something like this: "Please remove our copyrighted images from your blog. Thank you."

Andrew said...

李康生 might think this is amusing. Does he have a blog?

Hectocotylus said...

Not that I'm aware of.

I once emailed the hotmail address provided in Help Me Eros just to see what might happen, but, as I expected, I never received a response.